What Is A Prophet?

 



If you look up the word “prophet” in a standard dictionary, chances are you will not find a definition that is in alignment with what the Bible says a prophet is. Prophets are established by Ishi. They are men who speak what Ishi tells them to speak (a woman would be a prophetess- Judges 4:4). Ishi gave us prophets because the majority of us will die from a terrified heart at the sound of His Majestic Voice. The prophet is the one that is pure in heart enough to receive direct instruction from Ishi and perform it.

Ishi established prophets with the house of Israel because of their cry of terror when Ishi spoke to them at Mount Horeb to give the popularly known Ten Commandments. The Ten Commandments are given by the mouth of Ishi in Exodus 20:1-17. Look and see what happens in Exodus 20:18-19. The Children of Israel were afraid for their lives and requested Moses to speak to them on behalf of Ishi, also promising to obey whatsoever Moses speaks by Ishi.

Just as Moses was preparing to die, Ishi addresses the request for a prophet again. In Deuteronomy 18:15-22 Moses speaks by the command of Ishi, explaining that prophets will be raised up to speak Messages from Ishi and that we are to obey the Messages from Ishi. The consequence of falsely claiming to have a direct Message from Ishi (aka: false prophet, aka: bold face lying on Ishi) is also explained here.

I will now list some examples of precepts that demonstrate the mindset of a prophet:

1 Kings 22:13-14 And the messenger that was gone to call Micaiah spake unto him, saying, Behold now, the words of the prophets declare good unto the king with one mouth: let thy word, I pray thee, be like the word of one of them, and speak that which is good.

And Micaiah said, As the Lord liveth, what the Lord saith unto me, that will I speak.

 

In this passage Micaiah (a True Prophet) was being asked to speak in a way that conforms to what everyone else (these were false prophets) was saying about a political issue. Micaiah was not having it. He flat out told the man He will only speak what Ishi really said. Read the chapter and see how Micaiah was handled for standing firm in truth.

Now let’s see the example of Jeremiah:

Jeremiah 1:4-9 Then the word of the Lord came unto me, saying,

Before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee; and before thou camest forth out of the womb I sanctified thee, and I ordained thee a prophet unto the nations.

Then said I, Ah, Lord God! behold, I cannot speak: for I am a child.

But the Lord said unto me, Say not, I am a child: for thou shalt go to all that I shall send thee, and whatsoever I command thee thou shalt speak.

Be not afraid of their faces: for I am with thee to deliver thee, saith the Lord.

Then the Lord put forth his hand, and touched my mouth. And the Lord said unto me, Behold, I have put my words in thy mouth.

 

Jeremiah was a little boy when Ishi sent Him to go speak to the nations! This child had to man up and confront angry faces of Kings without fear and during a time of distress because of war.

            I like what Amos says about being a prophet:

Amos 7:12-17

Also Amaziah said unto Amos, O thou seer, go, flee thee away into the land of Judah, and there eat bread, and prophesy there:

But prophesy not again any more at Bethel: for it is the king's chapel, and it is the king's court.

Then answered Amos, and said to Amaziah, I was no prophet, neither was I a prophet's son; but I was an herdman, and a gatherer of sycomore fruit:

And the Lord took me as I followed the flock, and the Lord said unto me, Go, prophesy unto my people Israel.

Now therefore hear thou the word of the Lord: Thou sayest, Prophesy not against Israel, and drop not thy word against the house of Isaac.

Therefore thus saith the Lord; Thy wife shall be an harlot in the city, and thy sons and thy daughters shall fall by the sword, and thy land shall be divided by line; and thou shalt die in a polluted land: and Israel shall surely go into captivity forth of his land.

 

Here Amaziah wants Amos to keep quiet about what Ishi has told Amos to say. Amos explains how he was just minding his own business when Ishi had commanded him to go and speak to the house of Israel. Furthermore, to demonstrate to that Ishi’s Word will stand, Ishi gives Amos a Word especially for Amaziah.

There is so much to discuss concerning the life, heart, and mind of a prophet. Understanding what a prophet is, is detrimentally important. We wouldn’t want to miss a Message from Ishi, now would we?

 

 (Please Click Here To See A Message From Jesus: The Rapture Is HERE)

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts