Who's Asking About Ishi?

 


Ishi is a name of God. You will find His name written this way in the KJV or Hebrew bible (Tanakh). In other bible versions, such as NIV, the translation of Ishi is used rather than the name itself. The translation of Ishi is "My Husband".

 

Here is Ishi:

 

Hosea 2:16 King James Version

And it shall be at that day, saith the Lord, that thou shalt call me Ishi; and shalt call me no more Baali.

 

Hosea 2:16 New International Version

"In that day," declares the Lord, "you will call me 'my husband'; you will no longer call me 'my master'.

 

 

(The Tanakh has this precept numbered as Hoshea 2:18)

Hosea 2:18 Tanakh

And it shall come to pass on that day, says the Lord, you shall call [Me] Ishi, and you shall no longer call Me Baali. 

 

          יחוְהָיָ֚ה בַיּֽוֹם־הַהוּא֙ נְאֻם־יְהֹוָ֔ה תִּקְרְאִ֖י אִישִׁ֑י וְלֹֽא־תִקְרְאִי־לִ֥י ע֖וֹד בַּעֲלִֽי

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts